When cooking and baking, food scraps can quickly accumulate in your oven, which are particularly stubborn and burn in. However, you don’t always have to resort to aggressive cleaning agents to remove these. A simple home remedy can make the oven shine again in no time.
If you want to spruce up your household, you don’t always have to resort to chemical cleaning agents. Because these are often not only bad for the environment, but also particularly aggressive if they come into contact with your skin or get into the airways.
Alternatively, you can also use simple household or groceries that you can use to clean all kitchen appliances. A simple lemon, for example, is suitable for the oven.
Cleaning the oven with lemon – Instructions:
According to this, you need to remove your oven and stubborn food scraps with a lemon Practical tip the following utensils:
- A lemon or lemon essence or acid
- A juicer
- A heat-resistant glass bowl
- A microfiber cloth
Then follow the steps below:
- Halve a lemon and use the juicer to squeeze the lemon completely. If you don’t have a fresh lemon on hand, you can also use lemon essence or acid.
- Put the lemon juice in the heat-resistant glass bowl and put it in the oven. Note: You can also use a baking tray, but the citric acid is too sharp for many trays and attacks the material of the tray, which can damage it.
- Now heat the oven to 100 to 120 ° C with circulating air. This distributes the lemon vapor throughout the oven.
- Leave the oven on until all of the lemon juice has evaporated. Then keep the oven closed for a few minutes so that it can cool down.
- If the oven is still a little warm, you can wipe the inside of the device with clean water and a microfiber cloth. The affected areas should now have loosened.
Important note: Be careful not to get the lemon essence in your eyes or on mucous membranes.
If you don’t have lemon or lemon essence at home, you can also use baking soda to clean the oven. You can find out how to do this in this post.
You can find more practical tips for the household here.
Do you fancy a barbecue evening? Popular electric grills for the home (ad)