How to facilitate the management of your product information and optimize your omnichannel distribution? Find all the answers through this guide produced by Quable.
Product experience management is a subject that involves technical, marketing and digital skills at the same time, this is all the more true when companies have an omnichannel presence. Centralized management of product information is necessary to optimize the quality of content distributed to customers on all channels, and thus increase their conversions.
Quable, the benchmark PIM solution on the market, offers you a guide containing valuable advice and best practices to facilitate the management and distribution of your products on all your channels: e-commerce site, marketplaces, paper catalogs, etc.
State of play of product information management in companies
On a day-to-day basis, working on product information can be complex without appropriate tools and methodology. The various business teams of a company will work on several tools or Excel files, without real centralization or synchronization of product data.
In general, the investments that have the most impact for the company are also those that require a complex implementation, which can sometimes take several years. From now on, companies can rely on SaaS solutions dedicated to centralized product management, called: PIM (Product Information Management) solutions. These solutions are quick to implement, the teams do not need to call on the IT department (or very little), which allows rapid deployment (8 weeks maximum).
The advantages of centralized product management
More and more, customers demand as much information as possible before making a purchase, so they consult multiple channels to view your products. It is essential to deliver a successful experience through all of your brand’s sales channels.
To set up the best possible product experience, it is relevant to use a combination of tools within the same platform. This allows more efficient collaboration between business teams.
You can rely in particular on:
- the PIM which allows you to manage all your textual product data,
- the DAM, a media library to manage all the media associated with the products: photos, videos, sounds, technical sheets, etc.
The key steps to effectively manage your data via a PIM
In its guide, Quable offers a methodology to manage your product information more effectively through a PIM solution. The implementation of a centralized product management is done in 3 steps:
- Make an inventory and define its objectives: the idea is to take stock of your current internal functioning and to detect any blocking points, then to define the medium and long-term objectives to include the PIM in an overall strategic vision.
- Choose a PIM referent: define a person who will play a cross-functional role to bring together users from all divisions (marketing, digital, IT, management, etc.)
- Establish the “business framework”: you will have to determine a Data-Model, establish the data mapping, then finally build your workflow for the best possible collaborative process.
Last step: distribute your products to your different channels
The last step: circulate your data flows to the sales channels.
Once the product data has been entered and enriched, you can then configure your outgoing flows which constitute your distribution channels for product sheets: e-commerce sites, marketplaces, print editions (catalogs, leaflets, etc.), extranet / product portal and store supports physical (tablets, digital terminals).
After identifying and validating the flows, you can finally set up a flow map: collection, exchange and transmission of product data.
To discover all the tips for managing your product information and understanding how PIM solutions work and benefits, you can download the guide via the link below.
Receive all digital news by email