Accessible to the general public subject to having a compatible model, this 1st public beta of iOS 15 allows you to preview the new features of the next update.
Discover the steps to follow to install the 1st public beta of iOS 15. © nikkimeel – stock.adobe.com
If the next update of Apple’s operating system, iOS 15 and its sequel (iPadOS 15, tvOS 15 and watchOS 8), should not be available before the second half of 2021, you can already test new features by installing the first public beta that the Cupertino company has just launched.
Devices compatible with the 1st public beta of iOS 15
Before starting the installation of iOS 15 in beta version, it is advisable to check in the list below if your iPhone is indeed one of the devices ready to receive the new version of the Apple OS:
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max et 12 mini,
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max,
- iPhone XS et XS Max,
- iPhone XR,
- iPhone X,
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus,
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus,
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation),
- iPod touch (7th generation).
The steps to install the 1st public beta of iOS 15
Please note that this 1st public beta of iOS 15 may contain malfunctions. This is not the final update, but an intermediate version, which allows Apple developers to receive user feedback before its official release. It is also possible that some features announced by Apple during its WWDC conference are not yet available in this release.
Once you have backed up your data, follow the steps below to download this 1st public beta of iOS 15:
- Meeting on Apple’s beta software program portal from Safari on your mobile,
- Log in with your Apple ID,
- Select “Register your devices” from the drop-down menu at the top right,
- Choose “iOS”, which corresponds to the option on the left on the next page,
- Scroll down and click on the “Download profile” button,
- Restart your device for the profile to appear,
- Open the Settings app on your mobile and select the newly downloaded profile to access the beta version of iOS 15.
New features offered by iOS 15
Among the new features announced by Apple for its new OS, we find in particular:
- A new FaceTime experience with Shareplay,
- Focus, the functionality to limit requests,
- Live Text, to recognize text from image,
- A new design for notifications,
- Better browsing experience on Safari.
To read also
iOS 15: the 10 new features of the iPhone update
Receive all digital news by email